For His Glory

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving

1Ch 29:11 Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all.
1Ch 29:12 Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all.
1Ch 29:13 And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.

This passage of Scripture is a prayer. Why is the writer praying this prayer? He is praying and giving thanksgiving in response of God's hand working in his life. He has seen God's greatness, power, glory, victory, and majesty demonstrated in his life. He is acknowledging the supremecy of God by refering to the heaven and earth as His kingdom and Him being exalted as head above all (angels and men).

The first part Verse 13 indicates that the thanksgiving to God is being given at a specific time. "And now we thank you." As we have a specific time to celebrate Thanksgiving, remember to think, like the writer did here, about the hand of God working in your life.

Questions to ponder that should spark thankgiving to God:

How has God shown His greatness in my life?

How have I seen His power?

When/How have I experienced and expressed God's glory in my life.

What victories has God had in my life? (What have I overcome through Him)

How have I seen God's majesty demonstrated in my life?


I pray that God would not let me or my church family let this time of thankgiving go by without true thanksgiving and praise to God.



3 Comments:

  • Amen! Good questions to meditate on this Thanksgiving.
    I am thankful to God for the people He has placed in my life who are devoted to studying the Word and who encourage me to study Him and all His truth. We have much to be thankful for not just at Thanksgiving, but every day of our lives! Thanks for the post, Josh.

    By Blogger Heather Livingston, at 11/23/2005 2:32 PM  

  • Josh,

    One of the keys to good thinking is knowing how to ask the right questions. You have given us some great questions to ask about thanksgiving.

    Blessings,
    Bro. Aaron

    By Blogger Aaron Turner, at 11/29/2005 7:40 AM  

  • We want more posts!

    Signed Everyone!

    By Blogger Jeremy Turner, at 11/29/2005 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home